5 Best Hen Do Holidays [The Best Hen Do Party Holiday Locations]
Luke Iles – Uploaded 11.08.2023
The best Hen weekend ideas
Hen do holidays are one of the best experiences you can have and when it comes to a hen do there is no better trip than a party holiday. A hen weekend is a great excuse to go somewhere incredible and alongside your friends and the bride-to-be, it can be one of the best holidays of your life.
That being said, what can be harder is finding a hen do holiday and hen weekend ideas that not only do the whole group agree on but are also within the affordability of everyone’s budget, from cheap flights and cheap accommodation to the best cheap party holidays, you need to find a location that is suitable for all of you.
A hen do party holiday, sometimes referred to as a bachelorette party, is something that is held for a woman who is soon to be married. It is a pre-wedding celebration where the bride-to-be and her closest friends go away on a party holiday together for a short break.
Now some hen dos may want to go all out and visit some of the most luxurious party destinations whereas others may want to visit a cheap party holiday destination however the matter of fact is no matter where you choose the party holiday locations are guaranteed to have some of the best beach clubs and best nightclubs in the world.
Therefore with our list of the five best hen-do party holiday locations, you can find everything from cheap and affordable to luxury party holiday destinations with everything from lively nightlife to crazy party boat tours and daytime beach club activities.
So join us as we look at five of the best party holiday destinations for hen weekends abroad!
If you are also looking to plan a stag do holiday, why not check out the best stag do holiday locations in our latest blog?
The five best Hen parties abroad
The five best hen-do holidays include the following hen weekend destinations:
- Barcelona, Spain
- Las Vegas, USA
- Bali, Indonesia
- Sydney, Australia
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
1. Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona is a city located in the Catalonia region of Spain and is one of the best party holidays in Europe. For a hen do party, the best places to stay include the Gothic Quarter, Eixample and Barri Gotic due to their mixture of nightlife, shopping and attractions all in close proximity.
Things to do:
- Bar Hopping in the El Born Neighbourhood – Have fun bar hopping in the trendy El Born neighbourhood in Barcelona. Begin in Paradiso, a hidden, creative cocktail bar and head down the strip to visit Milk Bar for a lively atmosphere and party night out with live music and lots of drinks.
- Beach Party at Barceloneta – Take part in the beach-themed party at Barceloneta Beach. Start by relaxing on the sandy shores and then head to the popular beach and cocktail bars such as Pacha Beach Club and Opium Barcelona for cocktails at sunset on the beachfront. The area then comes alive at night with beachside parties and nightclubs along the seafront.
- Flamenco Night – Enjoy a Flamenco show at Tabalo Cordobes and immerse yourself in Spanish culture whilst watching traditional dance performances all night long. Sip away at a Spanish sangria during the show and then visit the surrounding bars and nightclubs to finish off the night.
Flights – Flights from the UK range on average from around £150 – £200 in the peak season (June to August).
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room in Barcelona is around £50 – £70 per night.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant costs around £10 – £14.
We rate Barcelona an 8/10.
2. Las Vegas, USA
Las Vegas is nestled within the southwestern state of Nevada in the United States, and is one of the best party holidays in North America, making it an irresistible choice for a memorable hen do celebration. When it comes to hosting a bachelorette party in this vibrant city, the prime location to base your festivities is none other than the renowned Las Vegas Strip. This legendary boulevard boasts an array of iconic hotels, casinos, and entertainment hubs, setting the stage for an unforgettable experience.
Things to do:
- Splash Around at a Pool Party – Although Vegas may be in the middle of a desert, they have a range of fun and lively beach clubs. Enjoy a pool party during the day at Encore Beach Club, a luxury poolside resort. Wet Republic Ultra Pool at MGM Grand is also another great option for a lively pool party with world-famous DJs.
- Party on the Las Vegas Strip – The Las Vegas Strip is one of the most famous party places in the world and is a perfect choice for a hen weekend. Starting at Omnia Nightclub in Ceasars Palaces, one of the best nightclubs in Vegas, you can experience live music from legendary DJs. XS Nightclub at Encore is perfect for those looking for a more luxurious nightclub. Whereas, the Marquee Nightclub at the Cosmpoliaitian offers a rooftop terrace with a more relaxed nightlife compared to the other two options.
- Spa and Shopping Day – No hen weekend is complete without a full day of shopping and relaxation! Visit Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian offering a selection of comforting and beauty treatments. Afterwards, you can explore the famous Forum Shops at Ceasars Palace offering a high-end shopping experience with high-end designer brands.
Flights – A direct, return flight from London to Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas costs around £950.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room with two beds costs around £50 – £60 per night on the Las Vegas Strip.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant including a tip costs around £18 – £20.
We rate Las Vegas an 8.5/10.
3. Bali, Indonesia
Bali is an Indonesian island located in Southeast Asia and is a beach holiday location with incredible white sand beaches and blue, clear seas. It is known as one of the best party holiday destinations in Asia. The best areas to stay in Bali for a hen do party holiday include Seminyak, Ubud and Kuta.
Things to do:
- Beach Club Bliss – Potato Head Beach Club in Seminyak is one of the best beach clubs in the world and is a must-visit if you are on a hen do in Bali. From poolside lounging, an amazing range of cocktails, beachside access and an incredible view of the sunset, Potato Head Beach Club is a must-visit when in Bali.
- Spa and Sunset Delight – Bali is home to some incredible spa resorts providing you with world-class pampering and treatment whilst in the settings of a white sand beach and ocean view or in the jungles of Bali. Shambhala Retreat in Ubud is a great choice for all your holistic spa treatments. Later visit Rock Bar at Ayana Resort and Spa for breathtaking sunset views and signature cocktails.
- Private Boat Tour in Bali – Have a fun-filled day trip across to Nusa Lembongan where you can experience beach activities, snorkelling and incredible views helping you create memories of a lifetime whilst in Bali.
Flights – A flight from London to Budapest costs around £110 – £190 during peak season. In shoulder season you can find flights for as little as £60.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room in Budapest is around £65 – £90 per night during peak season. However, you can find cheaper basic accommodation for around £40 per night.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant costs around £8 – £10.
We rate Bali a 9.5/10.
4. Sydney, Australia
Sydney, situated on the southeastern coast of Australia, presents a captivating destination for an exciting hen do getaway. It is one of the party holidays in Oceania and the perfect choice for a hen do party holiday. When seeking vibrant nightlife experiences during your bachelorette holiday, look no further than the lively neighbourhoods of Kings Cross, Darlinghurst, and Surry Hills.
Things to do:
- Bar Hopping in Sydney – Sydney is known for its wonderful selection of bars, clubs and restaurants with no hen do holiday being complete without visiting at least one! Grab cocktails at Eau de Vie bar in Darlinghurst which is known for its crazy cocktails and relaxing vibes. Visit Argyle on the Rocks a historic venue with multiple bars and dance floors. Finally, visit Marquee Sydney and visit the Star Casino if you are interested in finishing off your night in style.
- Visit the Famous Bondi Beach – Spend the day at Bondi Beach relaxing on the beach and dipping into the sea. Later you can unwind at the Bucket List Bar with cocktails, live music and a beachfront view of Bondi Beach.
- Sydney Harbour River Cruise – Take in the once-in-a-lifetime views of the incredible Sydney Harbour on your own private harbour cruise. Enjoy the views of the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge from the water, providing you with an experience you will never forget.
Flights – A flight from London with a return costs around £1,350 to Sydney.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room in Sydney centre is around £75 a night.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant costs around £15.
We rate Sydney an 8.5/10.
5. Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires, the dynamic capital of Argentina, is located on the southeastern shores of South America, a stone’s throw away from the Uruguayan border. It is one of the best party holidays in South America with party holiday destinations such as the vibrant Palmero neighbourhood, acclaimed as one of Buenos Aires’ premier party hotspots, featuring an abundance of bars, clubs, and restaurants. Additionally, the enchanting districts of San Telmo and Puerto Madero also offer fantastic options for your exciting party escapades when planning to stay in the city.
Things to do:
- Dance Away at a Tango Night – Immerse yourself in Argentinean culture with a traditional tango show and dinner in venues such as El Querandi or Esquina Carlos Gardel. After head to the quirky tango club in Buenos Aires called La Catedral Club and try out your own moves yourselves.
- Visit Barrio Palermo for a Night Out – Visit the famous Barrio Palermo region in Buenos Aires and party in one of the many famous bars and clubs. From cocktails at Frank’s Bar to a party and lively nightclub called Niceto Club, there is so much to do in Buenos Aires.
- Relax on Rooftop Bars in the City – Head to one of the iconic rooftop bars like Sky Bar at the Hotel Pulitzer or Alvear Rooftop Bar for panoramic views of the city and cocktails!
Flights – A flight from London with a return costs £900 – £1000 to Ezeiza International Airport.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room in Buenos Aires is around £20- £40.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant in Buenos Aires costs around £10 – £14.
We rate Buenos Aires an 8/10.
From affordable hen weekend locations to week-long, luxury hen party locations it’s clear to say that there is a wide range of choices when it comes to planning the perfect hen party holiday. For party lovers, these five hen do destinations are some of the best places you can visit with your group of girls.
From the vibrant beaches of Bali where the party never stops to the charming city break of Barcelona offering a mix of nightlife and culture the options for your next party holiday are endless.
No matter where you end up planning to visit for your next hen do party holiday, these five party holiday destinations are guaranteed to provide you with a hen do that is filled with memories, laughter and bonding to last a lifetime. So pack your bags, gather your group of friends and embark on a hen do party holiday of a lifetime!
Read Travel Blogs & More