5 Best Party Holiday Destinations in Asia [Ho Chi Minh, Phuket & More]
Luke Iles – Uploaded 11.04.2023
Discover The Best Party Holidays In Asia
Although you may overlook Asia as a good party holiday destination and instead opt for other continents and countries that are more notorious for the clubbing and party culture scene such as some of the party holiday destinations in Europe and party holiday destinations in South America; Asia is actually home to some of the best party holiday destinations on the planet.
Although places in Asia usually attract tourists for their natural beauty, crystal clear waters, tropical warm climate and golden white sand beaches, did you know that Asia is home to some of the most wildest and unique party and clubbing holiday experiences on the planet as well?
With not only that but the cost of everything being a faction of the price compared to western countries, visiting the best party holiday destinations in Asia will not only provide you with a cheap and inexpensive time away but it will also give you one of the best holidays of your lifetime!
The Five Best Party Destinations We Have Visited In Asia
These five party destinations in Asia, which we have personally visited ourselves, are some of our favourite places to visit, period.
Not only do these locations provide some stunning views and immerse you in nature that you will not find anywhere else on the planet but these are also complimented with the perfect balance of luxury resorts and nightlife that will give any notorious party destination in Europe a serious run for its money.
- Phuket, Thailand
- Seoul, South Korea
- Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Koh Phi Phi, Thailand
1. Phuket, Thailand
Phuket is an island located south of the mainland in Thailand. It is known to be the largest Thai island and is a popular destination with travellers and tourists of all ages. It is known for its incredible white sand beaches, crystal clear waters and breathtaking scenic backdrops with plenty of tourist attractions and is a great base to stay at when looking to explore the other southern islands of Thailand. Phuket City is also known for its big party scene with various bars, nightclubs, live music bars, gay clubs, restaurants and famous go-go bars. Bangla Road offers a little bit of everything for every traveller and is a great destination to visit for avid partygoers.
Things To Do:
- Visit the crazy Bangla Road – Bangla Road is a must-visit for anyone who is visiting Phuket and is in search of some of the best nightlife scenes in the whole of Asia, let alone Thailand. With incredibly cheap beer, alcohol and ticket admissions, Bangla Road is a must-visit. Even if you are not a huge partygoer, Bangla Road is a sight to behold is a crazy and action-packed 400-metre strip with bright neon lights, loud music and crazy nightclubs and bars wherever you look. It is a place where no words can do justice to how crazy and unrealistic the whole strip feels. It is home to various different live music bars, nightclubs, karaoke bars, bars, restaurants, shops and famous go-go bars. If you want to party in Phuket, then you need to visit Bangla Road!
- Party in one of the world-famous nightclubs – The notorious Bangla Road strip is home to plenty of world-famous nightclubs that host huge party events every day of the week. Not only this but you will be able to find all types of popular music from countries all across the globe at all these different nightclubs and bars that Bangla Road has to offer. From dance and electro clubs to live music bars, Bangla Road has a huge selection to choose from. Some of the must-visit nightclubs include Illuzion, Sugar Nightclub, White Room Nightclub, Tiger Nightclub, Armania Phuket and more.
- Attend the famous Full Moon Party in Phuket – One of the most unique party experiences you can take part in on the entire island of Phuket is the infamous Full Moon Party. Taken from the famous Full Moon parties in Koh Phangan it features a full-blown beach party featuring the island’s best DJs and fire theatrics and shows that last into the early hours of the morning. The Full Moon party on the party island of Phuket is something you do not want to miss out on.
Flights – A return from London costs around £800 including an exchange from Bangkok airport to Phuket airport.
Hotels – A hotel near the strip by Bangla Road and Patong Beach ranges from around £25 – £50 a night including a pool and 2 beds.
Food – Food ranges from around £2.50 – £5 for a typical sit-down restaurant meal.
We rate Phuket a 9/10.
2. Seoul, South Korea
Seoul is located in the North West of South Korea, 50 km away from the border with North Korea. It has a population of over 10 million and is one of the largest populated cities in the whole of South Korea. It is the capital city of South Korea and is one of the best party destinations with a selection of incredible nightclubs, bars, live music venues, entertainment venues, trendy bars, karaoke bars and more.
Things To Do:
- Party on another level in one of the many Seoul nightclubs – Experience a party and clubbing nightlife scene like no other in the crazy city of Seoul. Some of the best party districts within Seoul include Gangnam with famous nightclubs such as Octagon and Club Mass. Hongdae is a great party district for those who are travelling as young adults or university students with many student-friendly bars and nightclubs including Cocoon and NB2. Itaewon is also another district in Seoul that you need to visit if you are looking for a buzzing nightlife hub with many great nightclubs open until the early hours of the morning including Soap Seoul and Cakeshop.
- Sing your heart out in a Noreabang bar – One of the things you need to spend a night at is a Noreabang bar. A Noreabang bar is a Korean karaoke bar that is great fun for those who become Beyonce and Micheal Jackson on the microphone after a couple of alcoholic beverages. It is a unique typical piece of Korean nightlife and a must-visit whilst you are in Seoul with Noreabang bars such as Awesome Coin Noreabang, Hongday Soo Noreabang, Su Noreabang and Monster Noreabang.
- Visit an EDM festival – Seoul is famous for a lot of different types of music scenes including K-pop, rap and EDM. However, it has a large cult following for the party scene with EDM also known as electronic dance music. So much so that Seoul regularly hosts EDM festivals hosting some of the biggest names within the EDM scene including Alesso, Hardwell, Zedd, Afrojack, Armin Van Burren, Swedish House Mafia and DJ Snake. Some of the biggest EDM festivals in Seoul include Ultra Korea, World DJ Festival, Green Plugged Seoul and Seoul Electronic Music Festival so if you are visiting Seoul it is always worth taking a look if there is an EDM event taking place as they are perfect experience for anyone who loves the party and electronic music scene.
Flights – A direct return flight from London to Seoul costs around £750 to Incheon Airport in South Korea.
Hotels – A typical hotel in the centre of Seoul costs around £80 -£90 per night with a standard bed.
Food – A standard sit-down meal in a typical Korean restaurant will cost you anywhere between £4.50 – £6.50.
We rate Seoul an 8.5/10.
3. Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
Gili Trawangan is part of a collection of three islands off the North West coast of Indonesia. Gili Trawangan is part of the Gili islands, including Gili Meno, Gili Air and, of course, Gili Trawangan. It is a popular party destination that often attracts crowds of young adults who are backpacking or travelling across Asia. Gili Trawangan is a small island that is the perfect party island offering unique party experiences including the best parties such as Full Moon Parties, beach parties and so much more.
Things To Do:
- Experience a Full Moon Party – The famous full moon party takes place once every month on the full moon with parties and promotions taking place across different clubs, bars and on the beach across the island. Similar to the Thai Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan consists of a wild party that lasts from late evening to the early hours of the morning with live music and DJs across various venues and bars across the island. There are also gatherings in beach clubs and along the beach with live music, live performances and fire shows.
- Take bar hopping to the next level with a three-island bar hop – Each day take a five-minute boat trip to the other two Gili islands of Gili Meno and Gili Air and take bar hopping to the next level. Not only can you visit and bar hop across the amazing bars, clubs and live music bars in Gili Trawangan but you can also do it across Gili Meno and Gili Air in a three-night trip. All you need to do is book the ferry and cheap accommodation and do three nights of intense drinking and partying the nights away on these three incredible islands.
- Get involved with the famous Gili Trawangan beach parties – One of the best party activities that take place on the beautiful island of Gili Trawangan is one of many days and nighttime beach parties that take place in many of the different beach bars across the island. Some of the best beach parties in Indonesia take place in Gili Trawangan including the biggest beach party on the island that is hosted at the Samma Samma Reggae bar during the Full Moon Party which features fire shows and live music. The Blue Marlin party at the Blue Marlin bar and the Jungle Party at Rudy’s Pub are also great themed nights that include parties with themed bars, live music and DJs plus neon lights and a lively crowd. The parties on Gilli Trawangan are not to be missed!
Flights – There is no direct flight to Gili Trawangan from London however you can get a flight from London to Lomobok Airport and then a connecting ferry or speed boat from Bangsal to the Gili Islands. The cost for the flight is around £720 – £800 for a direct return flight and the ferry will cost you around £35 – £40 and will take 45 minutes.
Hotels – The hotel will cost you around £30 per night for a luxury villa with a king-size bed and private access to a pool.
Food – For a typical sit-down meal on the Gili Islands, it will cost you around £2.50 – £3.00 for a classic Indonesian meal.
We rate Gili Trawangan a 9/10.
4. Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city in Vietnam and is located in the Southern part of Vietnam. It is a popular destination with tourists and is known for its lively and wild nightlife offering tourists a selection of late-night activities including bars, nightclubs, music venues, entertainment venues and karaoke bars.
Things To Do:
- Party in the city skyline in a sky bar – One of the most memorable and incredible party experiences you can have in Ho Chi Minh City is by visiting and partying in one of the many different sky bars that the city has to offer. Each of these bars is perfect when the sun is setting and you can vibe and party to live music with drinks whilst you watch the picturesque sunset over the city skyline. Some of the best city skyline bars include the Saigon Saigon Rooftop Bar, Chill Skybar, Chanh Bistro Rooftop Bar, Above Bar, Rooftop Sky Bar, Rex Hotel Skybar and Propeller Rooftop Bar.
- Uncover one of the many world-famous nightclubs – Ho Chi Minh City has a handful of famous nightclubs that offer some incredible party experiences that last all night and into the early hours of the morning. Some of the best nightclubs in Ho Chi Minh include Saigon Soul Pool Party, The World of Heineken Bar, TNR Saigon, Apocalypse Now Bar and Thi Bar.
- Party in District 1 in Bui Vien – When visiting Ho Chi Minh if you are in search of the best nightlife within the city, head to District 1 in Bui Vien due to their huge selection of bars and clubs that offer live music and cheap drinks all night long.
Flights – A direct flight from London to the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City will cost around £780 for a return flight.
Hotels – A hotel with a pool and luxury room costs around £20 – £25 per night within the centre of the city.
Food – The cost of a typical sit-down meal in a standard Vietnamese restaurant costs around £3.50 – £4.00.
We rate Ho Chi Minh an 8.5/10.
5. Koh Phi Phi, Thailand
Koh Phi Phi is a popular island that is frequently visited by tourists who are visiting the Southern part of Thailand. Located between Phuket and Krabi, the Phi Phi Islands are easily accessible by ferry and speedboats. The island became a popular attraction to tourists due to its incredible white sand beaches, clear waters and stunning limestone cliffs. However, due to the influx in tourism, especially from young adults, the Phi Phi Islands have built up their reputation as also being party islands with some unique nightlife activities and day time parties that offer a once-in-a-lifetime party opportunity unlike anywhere else in the world upon this lowkey and relaxing small island.
Things To Do:
- Fight your friends at Mauy Thai at Reggae Bar – One of the most unique experiences you can take part in whilst visiting the Phi Phi Islands is visiting the Reggae Bar. Formerly used as a Mauy Thai boxing centre, this bar has converted from a Mauy Thai boxing training centre to a full-fledged bar with a twist. No tickets are required, only the purchase of an alcoholic drink for a full night of boxing fun. The bar plays live music whilst in the centre of the bar is a full-sized boxing ring in which visitors to the bar are invited to fight their friends in three rounds of boxing. The match is supervised and under the control of a professional boxing referee and the two competitors are given boxing gloves, head guards and two personal trainers to help them cool down in between rounds. The winner at the end of the fight is given a free bucket of drink and a medal to boast to all their mates. This experience is a great way to give yourself bragging rights over your friends and even if you don’t want to fight, provides some hilarious and great entertainment to watch over whilst you drink the night away.
- Party all day at Ibiza Pool Party – Although many like to explore the island during the day and visit the many white sand beaches such as Maya Bay or Monkey Beach. Some even prefer to snorkel with the tropical fish, take a boat tour around the island, kayak around the different beaches or even visit the lookout point of the whole of Phi Phi Island; the Ibiza Pool Party offers a different experience. If you are a party animal who wants to dance the night away, the Ibiza Pool Party offers an all-day pool party with cheap beers and booming music. Not only this but you have an amazing view of the bay on the Phi Phi Islands with Ibiza Pool Party being located directly on the beachfront.
- Visit the lively bars and live music lounges on the island – Due to its dense tourist population filled with the majority of young travellers and backpackers, the Phi Phi Islands has established itself as a very peaceful and laidback island that has a great nightlife whilst still providing an unbelievably breathtaking experience with incredible limestone cliffs and white sand beaches. Some of the best bars you should visit on the Phi Phi Islands include the Backpacker bar, the Stones bar, the Slinky bar, the Camel Rock bar and the Dubliner Irish bar.
Flights – As the Phi Phi Islands are a small, rural island there is no direct flight or airport on the island, however, it is recommended that you set up a base from Phuket and travel to the Phi Phi Islands via boat. With that being said a return flight from London costs around £800 including an exchange from Bangkok airport to Phuket airport. From here a £ 10-speed boat from Phuket to the Phi Phi Islands will take you 1 hour to arrive at your destination.
Hotels – A hotel in the Phi Phi islands for a simple room with a shower, toilet and wifi can cost you around £10 – £15 per night.
Food – Food ranges from around £2.50 – £4.00 for a typical sit-down restaurant meal.
We rate the Koh Phi Phi a 9.5/10.
In conclusion, all these destinations provide you with not only some of the best party and nightlife activities during the nighttime but also some stunning views and experiences that you cannot find, anywhere else in the world. I don’t think there are many places where you can visit a beautiful white sand beach with crystal-clear waters on a small tropical island and still manage to party with loud music, spectacular lighting and with fire shows, all whilst the trip will only cost you a small fraction of what it would do in a European country.
The party destinations in Asia are some of the best in the world and similar to party destinations in North America, party destinations in Africa and party destinations in Oceania, they are often overlooked by many when it comes to travelling the world in search of the best nightlife. However, if you are a budding traveller who loves to party whilst having a bug for wanting to experience a whole new culture with amazing food, kind and welcoming people and crazy, breathtaking nature, look no further than Asia. Not to mention it is also ideal for students and young adults due to its affordability and wide access to hotels and accommodation whilst many areas on this list have a great community filled with backpackers and tourists in which you can meet up and explore a destination together with. Not to mention that you will also get to experience 5-star luxury resorts for a fraction of the price in which it would cost in Europe or North America. Plan your party vacation today and get ready to jet off on a holiday of a lifetime!
Read Travel Blogs & More