3 Best Party Holiday Destinations In South America [Rio de Janeiro, Medellin & More]
Luke Iles – Uploaded 30.07.2023
The best party holidays in South America
South America is one of the most beautiful continents in the world. From the beauty of the countries within this continent from the sprawling beaches of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil to the bustling streets of Buenos Aires in Argentina, South America is a continent with so much to offer.
However not only is South America associated with the incredible beauty of its nature and towns but also the lively and colourful culture that makes it one of the best party destinations in the world.
If you are looking for a party holiday destination that has a bit of flair and personality then look no further than the incredible South American party destinations listed within this article.
As a travel blogger whose aim is to visit every country in the world, I have visited my fair share of countries in South America and what I can say is that they love to party. So much so that it is one of the best party holiday destinations in the world from the incredible beach parties to the wild street carnivals and lively nightlife scene.
beaches, crazy nightlife and party activities that are perfect for your next holiday.
So come and join us as we explore three of the best party destinations that I have visited in the entirety of South America!
The three best party destinations in South America
South America is one of the best party destinations in the entire world boasting some of the best party cities that are great for your next holiday.
The best party holiday destinations in South America that I have visited include:
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Medellin, Colombia
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rio de Janeiro is located in Brazil on the southeastern coast of South America. Some of the best party destinations in Rio include the Lapa neighbourhood where you can find lively bars and nightlife. Copacabana Beach and Ipanema Beach are also a hotspot for vibrant beach parties. Furthermore, during the famous Carnival festival, the Sanbadrome becomes the centre for all the parades and colourful party activities.
Things To Do:
- Party in the World-Famous Samba Nightclubs – In Rio, you can experience the famous vibrant nightlife scene by dancing the night away to the incredible beats of Samba in one of the many nightclubs within the city. Some of the best nightclubs we visited in Rio were Rio Scenarium, Carioca de Gema and Lapa 40 Graus.
- Visit Lapa for Incredible Nightlife – Lapa is a neighbourhood known for its party nightlife scene offering a variety of bars, clubs and ope street parties that are an incredible experience for any traveller. The nightclubs and bars in Lapa that you need to visit include Rio Scenarium, Carioca de Gema and Lapa 40 Graus.
- Participate in a Beach Party at Copacabana Beach – When in Rio, you have to embrace the party culture by attending at least one of the impressive party gatherings along the iconic Copacabana Beach where you can dance under the moonlight with drinks and live music on one of the most famous beaches in the world.
Flights – A flight from London with a return costs around £800 – £850 to Sao Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room in Rio de Janeiro is £20 – £30 a night.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant costs in Rio costs around £10.
We rate Rio de Janerio an 8.5/10.
2. Medellin, Colombia
Medellin is a city located in the Aburra Valley in the Andes Mountains of South America. Some of the best party places in the city center include the Parque Lleras, Carrera 70 and Barrio Colombia. Each of these areas has plenty of nightlife venues including bars, clubs and restaurants.
Things To Do:
- Party in the Poblado District – The Poblado District in Medellin is one of the most famous party destinations with an array of bars, clubs and restaurants that are perfect for partygoers. Some of the must-visit nightclubs and bars in the Poblado District include Bendito Seas, Barcal and Viva Discoteca.
- Take Part in Gringo Tuesdays – Gringo Tuesdays take place every Tuesday in various bars and clubs in the Poblado District. It is a popular day for ex-pats and travellers to mix with locals and experience the city’s nightlife. The event is known for its lively atmosphere and offers drink specials, cheap deals and live music to help bring together the international community in Medellin. It is the perfect event for all partygoers who travel to Medellin.
- Medellin Pub Crawl – There are a few areas of the city which provide the perfect party destination for a pub crawl. Some of the best areas include the Poblado District which includes bars and clubs around areas such as Parque Lleras and Calle 9+1. La 70 (Avenida 70) is another great location for pub crawls where the strip is lined with bars and dance clubs offering an alternative to the Poblado District. Barrio Colombia and Envigado are also great party areas to explore too.
Flights – A flight from London with a return costs around £1000 – £1100 to Medellin International Airport.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room in Medellin, Colombia costs around £10 – £20 per night.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant costs around £10 – £15.
We rate Medellin an 8/10.
3. Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires is the capital city of Argentina and is located on the southeastern coast of South America not far from the border with Uruguay. The Palmero neighbourhood is one of the best party destinations in Buenos Aires with its numerous bars, clubs and restaurants. The areas of San Telmo and Puerto Madero are also great for party activities too!
Things To Do:
- Party in Palermo Hollywood- Palermo Hollywood is a trendy district within Buenos Aires that is known for its hip bars and stylish nightclubs. Some of the best clubs and bars in Palermo Hollywood include Niceto Club, Rosebar, Soria, Kika Club and Rey de Copas.
- Enjoy the nightlife in Recoleta – The nightlife in Recoleta is some of the best in Buenos Aires. You can find chic bars, wine lounges and classy venues providing a more laidback and inviting evening in Bueno Aires. Some of the best places to visit in Recoleta include the Millon, Floreria Atlantico, Gibraltar and Rey de Copas Recoleta.
- Visit San Telmo Night Market – The San Telmo night market is a different kind of nightlife experience where you can stroll through the bustling streets filled with live music and street performers creating a vibrant and unique nighttime atmosphere.
Flights – A flight from London with a return costs £900 – £1000 to Ezeiza International Airport.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room in Buenos Aires is around £20- £40.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant in Buenos Aires costs around £10 – £14.
We rate Buenos Aires a 9/10.
South America is one of the best party destinations because of its unique offering of a selection of different vibrant and exhilarating party destinations. Each country offers an array of different experiences that are unlike anywhere else in the world and if you want to party, there is nothing better than partying like a South American in the golden sun whether that be in the streets of Argentina, Buenos Aires or the white sand beaches of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
With a rich blend of cultures, breathtaking natural landscapes and lively atmospheres, the party destinations mentioned throughout this article provide an unforgettable experience that combines partying with exploration.
So, with that being said, it is fair to say that these three destinations are some of the best party destinations in the world that I have visited and although there are plenty of other top party cities in South America, the three on this list are great for those party enthusiasts that seek pulsating nightlife mixed with the laid back beach vibes and South American culture!
Read Travel Blogs & More