5 Best Party Holiday Destinations in North America [Las Vegas, Cancun & More]
Luke Iles – Uploaded 16.04.2023
Party In The Best Nightlife Cities Across North America
North America is often overlooked as a continent that has good party cities and nightlife however North America has some of the best nightlife cities in the world offering some unique and wacky party destinations that you will not experience anywhere else in the world.
Not only can you explore and experience the unique culture and locations that North America has to offer from countries such as the United States, Canada, and Mexico to Jamaica, Guatemala and Puerto Rico, there is a diverse culture full of hot and cold destinations all with some stunning attractions, interesting history and of course lively party destinations.
If you are in search of some of the best party cities in the world, look no further than North America which has party activities happening all day and night, nonstop!
5 Best Party Cities We Have Visited In North America
The five party holiday destinations that we have put on this blog not only give European party holiday destinations a run for their money but arguably blow some of them out of the water in comparison. Read our list of our top five best-party cities we have visited and make the choice for yourself!
- Las Vegas, Nevada (USA)
- Cancun (Mexico)
- Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
- Montego Bay (Jamaica)
- Miami, Florida (USA)
1. Las Vegas, Nevada (USA)
Known as America’s adult playground, Las Vegas is the entertainment capital of the world and is located in the southern part of the state of Nevada in the United States of America. The Las Vegas Strip was built in the Mojave Desert and is home to more than 60 major casinos and has the most hotel rooms in the whole of America with over 150,857 individual rooms, so you won’t be short of a room when visiting! Las Vegas is not only one of the best party cities but is also one of the best bachorelette and bachelor party destinations with plenty of bachelor and bachelorette parties taking place across the Las Vegas strip.
Things To Do:
- Try your luck in one of the 60 major casinos – No visit to Las Vegas is complete without trying your luck in one of the 60 major casinos in one of the best nightlife cities in America. Some of the best and most iconic casinos you need to visit in Las Vegas are the Caesars Palace Casino, the Venetian, the Bellagio Casino, the Aria Resort Casino, the Redrock Casino, the Mirage Casino and El Cortez Casino and Hotel.
- Party in the famous Omnia Nightclub – The famous Omnia nightclub is known as one of the best party destinations in the whole of Las Vegas, hosting various late-night and party events including over-the-top, lively nightclub events with crazy smoke machines, lots of alcoholic drinks and neon lights. Previous nightlife events have taken place in the famous nightclub that is situated in the Caesars Palace Casino and have featured some of the world’s best EDM DJs including David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Steve Aoki and Alesso. The Omnia nightclub is a must-visit for any avid party-goer who is visiting Las Vegas and is looking for live music and a taste of Las Vegas’s famous party scene with blood-pumping EDM nights.
- Experience a Las Vegas Pool Party in the boiling sun – Although situated in the middle of a desert, some hotels and clubs in Las Vegas offer a unique daytime party experience for those types of partygoers who can’t get enough of live music and alcoholic beverages. For something a bit more than gambling, mad party addicts can visit a Las Vegas Pool Club where than can party all day long with loud live music and pool party fun. There are plenty of pool clubs that Las Vegas has to offer, including the Wet Republic at MGM Grand, The Tank at the Golden Nugget and Moorea Beach Club at Mandalay Bay. Each of these pool parties runs from midday to late evening and offers a unique experience of partying in a pool in the middle of a desert.
Flights – A direct, return flight from London to Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas costs around £950.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room with two beds costs around £50 – £60 per night on the Las Vegas Strip.
Food – A standard meal in a restaurant including a tip costs around £18 – £20.
We rate Las Vegas an 8/10.
2. Cancun (Mexico)
Cancun is a party city that everyone needs to visit, it is a popular party holiday destination and is located on the North Eastern coast of Mexico in the Yucatan Peninsula in the state of Quintana Roo. It is on the coastline of the Caribean Sea meaning not only can you dance and party the nights away but you can also enjoy the beautiful white sand beaches and clear, blue seas during the daytime. Cancun is a popular tourist destination all year round and in particular during Spring Break attracting a lot of students from America.
Things To Do:
- Party in one of the many nightclubs on the Zona Hotelera Strip – When visiting Cancun, partying on the Zona Hotelera Strip is a necessary part of any party holiday in Cancun. The Zona Hotelera Strip also known as the Hotel Zone is a long piece of land that is surrounded by the Caribbean Sea on the one hand side and the Nichupte Lagoon on the other. This makes for some stunning views of the clear blue waters and is a very popular tourist destination. It contains many different bars, live music bars, nightclubs, karaoke bars, 5,000-capacity nightclubs, outdoor terrace bars and restaurants. Some of the most famous nightclubs and bars you need to visit when on the Zona Hotelera Strip include The City Nightclub, Coco Bongo Beach Club, Dady’O, La Vaquita, the Hard Rock Cafe Cancun and the Mandala Beach Club.
- Make a splash at a Cancun pool party – There is nothing better than dancing in and around a pool with live music and a cocktail in hand, all whilst having fun with your friends and taking in that Mexcian summer heat. When visiting the party city of Cancun, you can experience all this by heading to some of the best pool parties in the whole of North America. Some of the best pool parties we have visited whilst in Cancun were the Mandala Beach Club, the Congo Bongo Beach Party and the Beach Club Cancun. These parties start from midday and last until early evening providing you with some great party fun during the day soaking in that Mexican sun.
- Party in the Caribbean Sea with Cancun’s famous boat parties – Live music from DJs, a crazy party atmosphere, alcoholic drinks and the Mexican sun all whilst cruising the beautiful, clear waters of the Caribbean Sea. There is nothing quite like one of Cancun’s famous boat parties and will be a party experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Well, if you can remember it, that is! Some of the best boat parties we went on whilst visiting Cancun were the Rockstar Boat Party which takes you on an adventure across the Caribbean Sea with live music so you can experience a daytime of party madness all whilst at sea. The Cancun to Isla Mujeres Adult Only Party Cruise is a 7-hour party marathon that takes you on a party boat trip sailing across the Caribbean sea with unlimited alcoholic drinks and food that stops off at the Isla Mujeres for you to explore, plus features live music and a party atmosphere like no other.
Flights – From London to the Cancun International Airport costs around £850 – £900.
Hotels – The average price for a hotel room with a double bed and swimming pool in Cancun costs around £150 – £200 per night.
Food – The typical cost for a sit-down restaurant meal for one person is around. £15 – £20 depending on the type of restaurant you visit.
We rate Cancun an 8/10.
3. Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Montreal is the largest city in the province of Quebec and is located in the East of Canada. The city of Montreal is located on the Island of Montreal and is a popular party destination and a great party city with tourists who are looking to experience some of the best-themed bars, live music venues, gay bars, cocktail bars, outdoor patio bars, nightclubs, karaoke bars and terrace bars within Canada that are great for bar hopping with nightlife venues that are within walking distance of each other.
Things To Do:
- Party in the “Gay Village” on St Catherine Street – Montreal is one of the most inclusive cities in the whole of North America and has a culture that provides a sense of community. One of the best party areas in the city is St Catherines Street which is located in downtown Montreal and is a long, 9-mile street of shops, bars, pubs, clubs, live music venues, restaurants and the Musee d’art contemporain de Montreal. It is a beautiful neighbourhood that is home to Montreal’s lesbian and gay communities with many different LGBTQ+ inclusive clubs and bars. Some of the best nightlife you can experience in St Catherines Street happens in the formerly known Montreal Red Light District which is famous for strip clubs, gay bars and unique nightclubs. Some of the best places to visit on St Catherine’s Street are the Le Red Tiger Vietnamese Pub and the Grenade Cocktail Bar.
- Bar hop on the main party strip on Saint-Laurent Boulevard – Bar hop in some of the best-loved local bars in Montreal that are great for partygoers, bachelorette parties and bachelor parties. The Saint- Laurent Boulevard is a famous street near the city centre of Montreal. It is a great place to bar hop with a great nightlife and party atmosphere during the evening and early hours of the morning. You can visit a selection of pubs, nightclubs, bars, bistros, cocktail bars, outdoor terrace bars, Irish pubs, karaoke bars and live music venues all down this famous street.
- Experience one of the many Montreal music festivals hosted in the party city – If you are in search of some party activities to get involved with during the daytime in Montreal, keep an eye out for one of the many live music festivals that take place within the city. There are all sorts of different types of festivals in all different niches that take place annually across the city with over 90 major festivals scheduled every year, so it is worth taking a look if you are an avid festival goer that is staying in the city centre. Some of the best festivals that take place in Montreal that you could visit are the Montreal Jazz Festival which typically takes place at the end of June or the start of July. This festival includes over 3,000 jazz artists and is one of the biggest jazz festivals in the world. Another unique and world-famous festival that takes place in Montreal is the Just for Laughs Festival which is one of the largest comedy festivals in North America featuring all types of comedy sets from improv and stand-up to sketch comedy from an array of different world-famous and amateur comedians. This comedy festival typically takes place in the month of July. Other festivals that take place in Montreal are Osheaga Music Festival, IleSoniq, Heavy Montreal and POP Montreal.
Flights – For a direct flight to Montreal-Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport from London with a return will cost you around £650 – £700.
Hotels – A hotel room with a double bed in the centre of Montreal city costs around £125 – £150 per night.
Food – A typical sit-down meal in a restaurant in Montreal costs around £12 – £14 per person.
We rate Montreal an 8.5/10.
4. Montego Bay (Jamaica)
Montego Bay, sometimes referred to as Mo Bay, is located on the North West coast of Jamaica and is a beautiful city that is the capital city of the parish of St James. Not only does this popular tourist destination have beautiful white sand beaches and turquoise blue clear seas but it also has a vibrant culture that is jam-packed full of lively nightlife and is one of the best party cities in North America. It has a very similar feel to some of the best party destinations in Asia which we have visited with the beautiful beaches and scenery which you can visit in the daytime and then a crazy nightlife scene in the nighttime that is bursting with culture.
Things To Do:
- Party in one of the many nightclubs in Montego Bay – Experience reggae, dancehall and afrobeat music in one of the many different nightclubs Montego Bay has to offer. Montego Bay has a bustling nightlife with many famous nightclubs that are sure to give you a piece of Jamaican party culture. Some of the best nightclubs we visited whilst staying in this party city were the Pier 1 Nightclub, the Taboo Montego Bay Nightclub, the Haze Lounge and Lounge 2727.
- Bar hop on the Hip Strip in Gloucester Avenue – Gloucester Avenue is home to a wide selection of bars and live music venues that cater to a range of musical tastes. Party all night to reggae hits and dancehall music in the many different reggae bars along Gloucester Avenue. Not only this but you will also find bars and clubs which offer more popular and EDM-type music as well as live jazz clubs and beach club-type bars for a more laid-back musical and party experience. Some of the best bars that we visited in Montego Bay were the Blue Beat Ultra Jazz Lounge, the Sunset Bar, the Sea Island Beach Club and Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville.
- Dance to live music in the famous Pier 1 Nightclub – The Pier 1 nightclub is notorious within this party destination for being known as one of the best nightclubs within Montego Bay and for good reason. The nightclub opens at 10 pm and turns the seafood restaurant into a thrilling space full of alcoholic music, neon lights, loud music and live DJs playing dancehall music. Some of the events you can expect to get tickets to this nightclub include themed parties, live DJ performances, fashion shows and open-mic nights.
Flights – Direct flights cost around £750 – £800 for a direct flight and return from London to Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay.
Hotels – A typical hotel in Montego Bay with a double bed, all-inclusive food and drink plus access to a swimming pool costs around £150 per night.
Food – For a standard sit-down meal in a restaurant in Montego Bay it will cost you around £12 – £15 per person.
We rate Montego Bay an 8/10.
5. Miami, Florida (USA)
Miami has a reputation for being one of the best party cities in North America with wild parties and huge clubs all across this party destination. It is located in the United States of America in the South Eastern part of Florida.
Things To Do:
- Party in Downtown Miami on the South Beach Strip – If you are in search of some lively nightlife, head downtown to downtown Miami and visit one of the many live music lounges where you can watch local musicians jam. Not only this but you can bar hop various different types of bars including cocktail bars, live music lounges, nightclubs, wine bars, beach clubs and Irish pubs. Some of the best bars we hopped across when visiting downtown Miami were the Miami Sound Bar, the Tipsy Flamingo Cocktail Bar, Mama Tried, DOM’S and the Blackbird Ordinary.
- Dance the night away in the Clevelander South Beach Club – The Clevelander South Beach Club provides a party experience that you would expect of the party city of Miami. With bright, colourful neon lights, a brightly lit pool and palm trees all hanging above you whilst you party outdoors to live EDM music. There is nothing that can provide that authentic Miami party experience than the Clevelander South Beach Club and is a necessary experience that any party addict needs to do when visiting Miami.
- Sit back and take in the views in one of the many Rooftop Bars – There is nothing better than watching the sunset fade over the impressive Miami city skyline whilst sipping on an alcoholic cocktail whilst you listen to a live DJ blast out some of your favourite party tunes. Miami is home to many impressive rooftop bars that you must visit whilst in the city including the Rosa Sky Rooftop Bar, Terras Rooftop Bar, Watr at the 1 Rooftop, Area 31, the Citadel, Highbar Pool and Copal Rooftop Bar.
Flights – Flights cost around £950 for a direct flight from London to Miami International Airport with a return.
Hotels – A standard hotel with a double bed and access to a swimming pool costs around £150 per night.
Food – A sit-down meal in a restaurant for one person will cost you around £16 – £18 with a tip included.
We rate Miami City a 7/10.
From the sunny and vibrant beach parties and beach clubs of Montego Bay to the sprawling bar and pub crawl tours of the nightlife scene in Montreal to the lively swanky hotel bars and high roller casinos of Las Vegas; North America has an array of different types of party cities and party holiday destinations that are guarantee to appeal to any type of avid party addict.
Although the flight prices can be fairly expensive from the UK to these North American party destinations, those prices will be an afterthought when you are living it up and partying throughout the night in some of the best and most unique nightclubs and bars in the entire world.
Not to mention that these party cities are some of the best holiday locations in general meaning that you are bound to meet up with fellow travellers and tourists who are looking to party all night long in some of the best nightlife cities in the world. The North American party destinations may not be as well known as some of the Asian, European, Oceanian, African and South American party destinations however they are some the worlds best.
Overall, North America is a great destination for people who are looking for a party holiday with many of the best nightlife cities across the globe that are perfect for those looking to unwind and be free on their holiday and are great choices for those who are looking to plan an amazing party holiday or one of the best bachelor or bachelorette parties.
Read Travel Blogs & More