How To Make A Viral Video On Social Media Platforms In 2023! (Advice From Professionals)
Harry Jeffery – Uploaded 25.03.2023
Learning how to beat the algorithm, our way!
As we grow ever further into the world of social media, more and more people are searching for that perfect combination of factors and strategies to make the ideal social media posts that reach millions of views and likes.
No, we aren’t like every other blog on your search engine that’s going to tell you the same basic tips as every other website.
Our team has past experience making money running social media accounts with monthly and weekly promotions from brands including Amazon, numerous betting tip companies, as well as clothing retailers & even other Instagram pages.
So, what is the key to creating a viral video?
Well, the secret is that there isn’t a key to making a viral video, just many key factors that can either make or break the success of the video.
So, what are the key factors that make or break the success of social media posts?
Key factors to create successful social media viral videos
- Have the correct software/technology to create your content effectively
- Use a consistent format that the social media platform you use favours
- Trust your gut and choose content that you believe will go viral (within reason)
- Have a consistent post routine that can enhance your chances of going viral
- Know how to copy write (Hashtags included)
One honourable mention is to be authentic, yes it is possible to get a viral video by copying already trending content, but the real key to it is to get creative, or if you are running a meme page, to find content that isn’t recycled, but new and fresh! Imagine you are a potential follower, what’s going to make you stand out from other pages, the content they’ve seen before, or new posts they’ve never laid their eyes on?
I thought so…
1. Correct Software and Technology
To start off with quite the obvious, in order to create high-quality, highly-engaging short videos, you need the correct equipment. My personal preference is an iPhone 8 or higher, due to the fact that they allow for the later IOS updates which are optimal for transferring content across platforms.
I would recommend that you avoid including a laptop within your content creation equipment, due to the fact that Instagram is severely unadvanced on laptop view.
When it comes to the actual apps you should use to create your video content, CapCut is your best friend! It is free, and super easy to use to edit content, in my opinion.
A key tip to get really good quality videos through CapCut is to before exporting, tap the dropdown and then select the highest quality production options.
- Make sure your video content is in the range of 15-50 seconds on your editing software
- Ensure your content is top quality, as social media platforms favour quality
- Make sure the device you are working on has enough storage
2. Use a consistent format that your social media platform favours
Use your video editor, which in this instance I would recommend CapCut, the software that has helped me achieve multiple viral videos on my football social media account!
If you are a regular user of social media, especially Instagram, then you will recognise the above format, which for some odd reason, seems to be favoured by the social media gods!
In reality, it’s because of the clean, simple and easy-to-view layout which fits the algorithm and guidelines perfectly.
Not only this but using this format reduces your chances of receiving a copywrite strike by a massive amount!
- Make sure to use the default Twitter font, this is the most recognised across platforms
- Make sure the size your format is, is the correct size for reels/TikTok videos
- Use emojis to increase your engaged audience
3. Choose the content you think will go viral
I have been running football social media pages since 2019, which have massed over 300,000 followers and I always say that content that you are recycling (reusing after a period of time) will always do worse than the first time around, as well as potential bickering in your comments section.
If you are a true fan of the niche you are competing in, for example, travel, you can trust your gut when it comes to content and you should be onto a winner.
Methodically though, you will want to pick engaging short clips for both Instagram and TikTok, as people using these apps are most likely going to just scroll past your content otherwise. This also means that the first 3 seconds of the video are the most important and can determine if the viewer actually interacts with your video…
The social media algorithms have recognised this over time and now promote videos of this style more! When it comes to the topics of content you are posting in order to make it viral, you need a balanced mix of comedy, news and niche content. For example, a travel page would post insanely beautiful landscapes!
- Follow patterns in your content, if one does really well, replicate with other similiar content.
- Always add text in your videos, as well as in the actual caption, it is more engaging to watch.
- You must remain extremely consistent to make a video viral, roughly one in 10 have the chance to blow up.
4. Have a consistent post-routine
Following on from the last point, a consistent post routine is definitely the most important step toward viral success, in my opinion. To go viral on reels on Instagram, you should post 2-4 times a day, no more and certainly no less.
There is also a strategy for posting times, depending on where you live, the content will do better at specific times. For example in the UK, posting premier league football content from 4 pm to 8 pm is way more likely to go viral compared to posting at 1 am for example.
- If a post isn’t doing well to start with, have faith and give it time, most pick up over time
- Consistency is key, as it is with most things in life, to be successful
5. Learn copywriting
When running a social media account, learning how to Copywrite effectively is key in order when creating viral video content.
Many marketers may have realised, that SEO, exists on social media and not just websites. Just think about it, the keywords and text you include on your posts, comments on other pages and images/videos all influence the amount of traffic you will receive, just like website SEO!
- Make use of emojis to enhance the engagement that your caption gives off in only a few seconds
- Make use of Hashtags, Ideally from ten to fifteen depending on the niche/style of your post.
I truly believe that the above points, combined with an elite work ethic and a creative mind are all you need in order to run a successful page on a social media platform such as Tiktok or Instagram, with the ability to produce viral videos.
One thing I cannot stress enough when creating captions and content is to remain consistent with what you post, not just the amount you post. As if you aren’t following a common template that looks similar to your other posts, it doesn’t come across as authentic and believe me, people pick it up.
Did you know, people are way more likely to follow an account after watching their viral video if the account looks smart, yet unique and has a large following already, compared to the opposite? Account consistency is key…
Discover More Travel Blogs